The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
Only on this website do gay marriage and soda banning get compared.
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 12 hours ago