But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
One cannot help but wonder just why Obozo's desire for neighborliness, defined by that craven socialist as being "willing to pay a little more," did NOT extend to the sweetheart deal the convicted felon Rezko gave Obozo in buying the two lots for his hugely expensive Chicago home. Was it neighborly for Obozo to accept a hugely below market price from a convicted felon with (illegal) business dealings? Apparently so. However, you and I paying "only" 15% cap gains on monies we have actually EARNED, SAVED, and INVESTED, and from which the feds have previously extracted their confiscatory portion - well, that is simply not fair. Maybe I need start transacting with slum lord felons, like the Socialist in Chief. - Snark
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014