In response to:

Here Comes the Cliff

Snarkasterous1 Wrote: Dec 24, 2012 12:32 PM
Great point! Which, of course, makes all the more puzzling, and craven, Obozo and the libbies' utter fixation upon screwing, just a bit harder, the most successful and productive in society, despite the FACT (not opinion, not spin, but FACT) that even screwing them as Obozo insists will generate, at best (using farcical static analyses), sufficient revenues to cover ~ 6% of the staggering, TRILLION PLUS deficits that the fiscally incontinent administration has run every year. Any thought re how to solve the remaining 94% of the issue - i.e., CUT SPENDING? Nah, let's just focus on political points by screwing those already carrying a HUGE portion of the tax bill in this country.
Last week, Republicans proved they are not a governing party. Next week we will see whether Democrats are.

A governing party would have, reluctantly, passed Speaker John Boehner's Plan B, which would have preserved the current tax rates on everyone with incomes under $1 million.

Passage would have put Senate Democrats on the spot, since they voted for a similar measure in 2010. They might have engaged in negotiations with Boehner that could have been more productive than his negotiations with Barack Obama this month and in the summer of 2011.

Then, as Bob Woodward reports in his book "The Price...