I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
It seems that the "rich" in California, New York City and Hawaii will see their highest tax bracket at over 50%...Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of blue staters.
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 32 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago