The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
You have an unfortunate tendency to denigrate those with whom you disagree; possibly you need to control your tendency to project your inadequacies on to others. People who refuse to allow abortions in the case of rape evidently have no problem punishing the woman; I have to assume the rationale is that she deserved it.
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago