Recently, Jay Michaelson wrote a piece for The Daily Beast titled “The ‘Religious Liberty’ Bullies and Their Fight Against LGBT Equality.” In it, he suggests that those who oppose same-sex marriage for religious reasons are the same as the racists who opposed desegregation laws. He calls those who protect religious liberty, and who therefore are willing to stick up for the rights of religious people who oppose same-sex marriage, insincere and “racist,” as well. “Today is a different age—but the players, and the rhetoric, are the same,” he states. Later on, he says that defenders of religious liberty are “simply repurposing...
Great article! While 'branding people who disagree as liars or bigots as a cheap way to silence dissenters' may indeed by 'cheap' it is certainly meant to 'silence dissenters.' It comes directly from Alinsky's playbook, "Rules for Radicals." Unfortunately, and much to our country's detriment, the MSM is complicit in this destructive discourse, including twice getting an person elected to our highest office that uses these same tactics to successfully push a radical agenda and 'fundamentally transform the United States of America" and this issue is just another part of the 'transformation.' Thanks again. Hopefully this will bring about some civil discourse but don't be surprised if it results in more 'screaming down any dissenters.'
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago