Between 2004 and 2008, the Democratic share of the presidential vote grew faster among people making above $100,000 a year than among people making less. People making less than $50,000 moved toward the Democrats in those years too, but that movement was just in keeping with the general trend of voters. More recently, low-income voters have moved toward the Republicans even as the size of the welfare state has grown.
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 40 minutes ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago