In response to:
A Thursday Huffington Post article highlighting Obamacare victims is causing quite a stir on the left. The piece, titled "How Obamacare Leaves Some People Without Doctors," breaks from the Huffington Post's usual embrace of Obamacare and features the voices of Covered California customers who are already dissatisfied with the health insurance they bought through the Covered California exchange. "My insurance is pretty useless," 35-year-old new Los Angeles mother Ruth Iorio told HuffPo. "I don't know what to do. I may just drop it for myself and keep my son on it. It's really depressing." Iorio says her Obamacare plan is worthless because after over a dozen calls, she still cannot find doctors who accept her Obamacare plan who are also practicing in a hospital that accepts her coverage. Prior to buying through the California Obamacare exchange Iorio had an individual Blue Shield plan that cost less and covered a wide array of doctors and hospitals. Iorio's plan is so bad that after giving birth to her son she learned her Obamacare plan did not cover her UCLA ob-gyn, forcing her to pay out of pocket. "I'm paying $500 a month and every doctor I'm calling is saying, 'No, I can't see you,'" said Iorio. She added, "I feel like a second-class citizen."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Is Rubio’s moment coming or has it already passed? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Google may be the sole remaining superpower Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Huckabee calls for Supreme Court term limits Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Robert Reich: A few hundred Westerners joining ISIS ‘not a big deal’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Peace on Earth: Saudis won’t rule out building nukes. Oh, and we’re negotiating for Iran. Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago