H8, I understand your point and point of view. If we didn't have an agreement to spending levels in place, good for the remainder of this fiscal period, that simply needs a CR to continue I might be more inclined to your thinking. If this was a point were no clear way forward was in place and we needed to argue and then compromise on a deal to fund the government or it comes to a S/D and the blame game begins, yes that wouldn't be a good thing, only because of how much damage barrycaid is doing, in general I think a good long S/D is what is needed, heck many, MANY Americans began to get comfortable during those 17 days in Oct that those in power feared losing it as those same Americans realize, yes, YES! the government IS TOO BIG. But that isn't the case, we have in place a faithfully executed negotiate spending plan that both sides agreed to, they should honor it. I believe the R's even went so far as to relinquish control of the debt ceiling for that next showdown to the President. The GOP 'leadership' should stand before the people and state that they worked with the opposing party and agreed to a deal. Now the other side of the aisle wants to renege an make a new deal. If we can't trust our colleagues on the other side to honor deals how can we in our right minds negotiate with them. Honor the deal and we can begin negotiations on what the deal will be going forward. Preferably a regular order budget signed into law to take effect at the start of the next fiscal calendar year. Thank you.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014