H8, I understand your point and point of view. If we didn't have an agreement to spending levels in place, good for the remainder of this fiscal period, that simply needs a CR to continue I might be more inclined to your thinking. If this was a point were no clear way forward was in place and we needed to argue and then compromise on a deal to fund the government or it comes to a S/D and the blame game begins, yes that wouldn't be a good thing, only because of how much damage barrycaid is doing, in general I think a good long S/D is what is needed, heck many, MANY Americans began to get comfortable during those 17 days in Oct that those in power feared losing it as those same Americans realize, yes, YES! the government IS TOO BIG. But that isn't the case, we have in place a faithfully executed negotiate spending plan that both sides agreed to, they should honor it. I believe the R's even went so far as to relinquish control of the debt ceiling for that next showdown to the President. The GOP 'leadership' should stand before the people and state that they worked with the opposing party and agreed to a deal. Now the other side of the aisle wants to renege an make a new deal. If we can't trust our colleagues on the other side to honor deals how can we in our right minds negotiate with them. Honor the deal and we can begin negotiations on what the deal will be going forward. Preferably a regular order budget signed into law to take effect at the start of the next fiscal calendar year. Thank you.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Luis Gutierrez helpfully creates “toolkit” to aid illegals avoiding deportation Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Do we all hold “these truths” of natural law to be self-evident lately? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Don’t get your hopes up. Chuck Schumer is no improvement over Harry Reid Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Protests over Indiana version of RFRA seem to miss one important point Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Where in the world is former congressman Walter Fauntroy? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago