An exquisitely delicious data set, courtesy of The Hill's polling team. We've heard Democrats, and especially the president, prattle on about "fair shares" and "millionaires and billionaires," since...forever, really. During the debt fight, Obama repeatedly demanded a "balanced approach" to debt reduction, and regularly cited polls that showed that most voters supported a tax hike on the wealthy as part of any compromise package. I specifically recall him claiming that even a majority of Republicans supported such tax...
In response to:
Again the same dishonest, "the top ten percent of Americans pay nearly 70 percent of that pot." Yes, the rich pay 90% of 40% of the budget, income tax. The bottom 95% pay 99% of another 40% of the budget, social security tax. That is capped for the rich and not paid on investment income at all. $106,000 is the cap few will ever reach. Tell me, what percentage of a man making $50,000 a year does he pay social security on? 100% his entire life with no deductions, loop holes, or shelters. Romney paid social security tax on .4% of his income. THAT's unfair. I've made over the cap for a long time but this argument is intellectually dishonest and the Conservatives need to be above it.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014