An exquisitely delicious data set, courtesy of The Hill's polling team. We've heard Democrats, and especially the president, prattle on about "fair shares" and "millionaires and billionaires," since...forever, really. During the debt fight, Obama repeatedly demanded a "balanced approach" to debt reduction, and regularly cited polls that showed that most voters supported a tax hike on the wealthy as part of any compromise package. I specifically recall him claiming that even a majority of Republicans supported such tax...
In response to:
Again the same dishonest, "the top ten percent of Americans pay nearly 70 percent of that pot." Yes, the rich pay 90% of 40% of the budget, income tax. The bottom 95% pay 99% of another 40% of the budget, social security tax. That is capped for the rich and not paid on investment income at all. $106,000 is the cap few will ever reach. Tell me, what percentage of a man making $50,000 a year does he pay social security on? 100% his entire life with no deductions, loop holes, or shelters. Romney paid social security tax on .4% of his income. THAT's unfair. I've made over the cap for a long time but this argument is intellectually dishonest and the Conservatives need to be above it.
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 3 hours ago