If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Obama doesn’t want to serve on the Supreme Court, not that anyone asked Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- The dangers of turning Election Day into Election Month Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The Pentagon is sugarcoating the situation in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Attendees head for the exits as Obama speaks at campaign rally for Maryland Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New York bans gun ownership for 34,500 citizens without due process Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The fear election: The party in power has lost the public’s trust Noah Rothman 3 hours ago