Evidence in Europe is mounting that decriminalizing marijuana has detrimental effects on the health of individuals, the health of society and the health of the healthcare system. And while many studies have concentrated on the benefits of decriminalization in terms of unburdening the court system, few studies have looked at the cost to the healthcare system.
That’s changed with the completion of a study that looked at drug use and hospital admissions in an area of London where marijuana use was decriminalized.
“Now a paper presented to the Royal Economic Society’s annual conference in London,” writes the
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago