Bowants, You truly need to not conflate facts. I am listed as being on "Welfare" because I collect VA disability. I pay at least four times what I collect, come April 15. But the point is, I collect. Therefore: I am one of those deadbeats, even though I pay more than I collect. Wanna change positions with me?? It's kinda like the unemployment numbers or Job participation numbers...... The Boomers are retiring. AND they are forced to take minimum distributions from their 401k's. So, yeah, the stock market's gonna take a hit. The numbers are ginned on both sides. Anybody but Obama 2012! But, please, use that grey matter you have between your ears. JS

The Average White Guy Vote

slinger Wrote: May 13, 2012 9:32 PM
It better be. js

Obama Goes Nixonian

slinger Wrote: Apr 30, 2012 12:48 AM
Pat 742, "Whitewash"???? How racist of you!!! Ten lashes or 2500$. Your choice. js

Christie Risks All to Take on Unions

slinger Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:20 AM
Amen, Leonard, I'm looking forward to cashing out my 401k and having all the fees and taxes up front. I've had too much money stolen to let it go again. To all you who cannot get your mind around finding reading a simple year to date percentage return on your 401k, go to the online statement form. Put in YTD. LOOK at your "rate of return" it will be a %. Now, go back and schedule Jan 1 to April 1. See a difference?? Betcha do, and it ain't good from April on. Get yourselves some good Education, and take your money back into your own hands. js
So, cashe, can you explain Haiti/ Dominican Republic? (IMO, they're both on the same island, fer cryin out loud.) js
Wotan, You could make a good argument out of: "Ann Romney supposedly has a "career" as a homemaker but welfare homemakers are "lazy."". Coupled with: "One of the problems with welfare is the bureaucracy makes mothers jump through so many hoops they mistake it for work. " The questions are: Can you; and, will you?? Just asking, js
Judith, et alia, don't bother replying, just flag and move on. js

Can Government Do Anything Well?

slinger Wrote: Apr 11, 2012 7:49 PM
Bwahahahahaha!!!! So true. Except it isn't. The last century's Govt's have all been crimes, give or take a bit.

Can Government Do Anything Well?

slinger Wrote: Apr 11, 2012 7:47 PM
Wolfpat, I would offer Steve Jobs as the exception to that rule. js

Some Very Political Science

slinger Wrote: Apr 11, 2012 7:38 PM
Ozz, "elemental incompetence." Lovely phraseology. I sit in awe, since I'm sitting. I could stand, Oh Twit........ I stand in awe. Well done. Charlie Mike. js

Easter Service

slinger Wrote: Apr 05, 2012 8:02 PM
Blair31, Here's a thought that just floored me. What do the southern Hemispherer's have to look forward to? IMO, It's Autumn down there. Just asking, humorusly. JS Paul4474, Easter is the proof. The Receipt, if you will. The Sacrifice was enough. Witrh only Good Friday, we would still be atoned for. (Ask Isaac.) JS