I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
YOU and your liberal friends and cronies in Congress can call it a stunt all you want, but McConnell just called your bluff and now you are kicking your legs and crying "not fair". The Democrats have done everything they can to keep from being labeled tax and spenders, including refusing to pass a budget for four years and shooting down even voting on anything that would put to record how each Democrat votes. You want to be able to say one thing to the media, who happily goes along with your narrative while you do something different. It is all about politics and for Democrats, destroying the ability of Republicans to be elected by forcing them to vote for tax increases. You will never propose or allow spending cuts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 9 hours ago