As documented on the Durham County, N.C., website, the position of sheriff originated in England more than 1,000 years ago, known then as a shire-reeve, who was "the steward of the King's estates, guardian of the peace, judge and jury of the Shire County (county court) and was the local agent of...
Obama thinks socialism is in the best interest of the United States; or at least his view of what the U.S. is supposed to be.
For many, the term "sheriff" conjures up images of the Old West. A few may consider a sheriff to have some form of outdated and obsolete political office. But for me and countless other patriots across our nation, a sheriff is the epitome of good and necessary county law enforcement.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago