President Obama and Governor Romney battled to a draw on foreign policy points tonight, with each candidate scoring on several lines. As expected, the discussion meandered into domestic policy for a large portion of the evening, and both men came prepared with a flurry of talking points. Romney needed to strike casual viewers are informed, poised, and plausible as president. He accomplished that task, without question. The president often seemed like the aggressor, hammering his challenger in almost every answer he gave. Romney coolly chided Obama, explaining that attacking him (especially dishonestly) doesn't advance any solutions. The candidates found themselves...
In response to:
My wife commented on the stare that Obama gave Romney most of the night while Romney was talking. A commentator appearing on FOX News this morning called it a "death stare", like he was trying to intimidate Romney. Maybe he was trying to look tough and not do all the laughing that Biden did in the VP debate.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago