President Obama and Governor Romney battled to a draw on foreign policy points tonight, with each candidate scoring on several lines. As expected, the discussion meandered into domestic policy for a large portion of the evening, and both men came prepared with a flurry of talking points. Romney needed to strike casual viewers are informed, poised, and plausible as president. He accomplished that task, without question. The president often seemed like the aggressor, hammering his challenger in almost every answer he gave. Romney coolly chided Obama, explaining that attacking him (especially dishonestly) doesn't advance any solutions. The candidates found themselves...
In response to:
My wife commented on the stare that Obama gave Romney most of the night while Romney was talking. A commentator appearing on FOX News this morning called it a "death stare", like he was trying to intimidate Romney. Maybe he was trying to look tough and not do all the laughing that Biden did in the VP debate.
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 3 hours ago