For example, during the 2008 election campaign, Obama 1 spoke of "opening up and creating more transparency in government," so that government spending plans would be posted on the Internet for days before they passed into legislation. After he was elected president, Obama said, "My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level...
I completely agree. I work in the power utility industry and I saw an Obama 2012 bumper sticker on the back of a car in our parking lot. His policies are forcing shutdown of several coal plants, driving up the cost of electricity here in the southeast, cause the loss of tens of thousands of jobs related to drilling of oil in the gulf and the restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, etc. that support all those workers and they still support the man responsible. WHY? Because of the rhetoric, or the color of his skin?
Many voters will be comparing Mitt Romney with Barack Obama between now and election day. But what might be even more revealing would be comparing Obama with Obama. There is a big contrast between Obama based on his rhetoric ("Obama 1") and Obama based on his record ("Obama 2").
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago