Last night, I joined CNBC's The Kudlow Report to discuss the recent news that 18 Senate Democrats have signed a letter urging the postponement or repeal of Obamacare's destructive medical device tax. Conservatives have warned for years that the tax would kill jobs and undermine innovation in the field, a conclusion that some Democrats have finally embraced as implementation looms. The Left has recognized this problem all along, of course, but they needed to squeeze as much on-paper revenue as possible into the Obamacare CBO score back in 2010 in order to attract those final few votes from "fiscally...
Point out where usmcpgw is wrong. Everything he said is true. Taxes on business have to be passed on to the customer or the business loses money. They can't operate like our government thinks it can and have negative revenue forever. Regulations require money to be spent confirming compliance, thus costing the companies more money. A larger government costs more money to operate which means they have to have more revenue. The only way to do that is to have more tax payers or extract more money per taxpayer. That increases the cost to the taxpayer. Government is much less efficient that the private sector so what ever they do costs more that if a private company did it. That inceases the cost of that service.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago