In 2000, a Democratic operative orchestrated an "October surprise" attack on George W. Bush, revealing that 24 years earlier, he'd been arrested for drunk driving. The...
You are absolutely correct in your assessment. I think Goldberg is giving the media too much credit. I don't view the Leftist media as evil, but think their world view skews their objectivity. They view Democrats and Leftist ideology as good and Republicans, conservatives and Rightist ideology as evil. They trumpet good and supress evil. They report on things that support their world view and suppress that which refutes it. They don't want to give evil the time of day and want to kill it. Who doesn't want to kill Satan? Leftism is a mental disorder and they should be treated as such.
If you want to understand why conservatives have lost faith in the so-called mainstream media, you need to ponder the question: Where is the Benghazi feeding frenzy? Unlike some of my colleagues on the right, I don't think there's a conspiracy at work. Rather, I think journalists tend to act on their instincts (some even brag about this; you could look it up). And, collectively, the mainstream media's instincts run liberal, making groupthink inevitable.
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 39 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago