Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
TXTRUTH tell us exactly how you can counter the points in a speech that you have not read? The President did not provide advance copies of the SOTU. Rubio countered the fantasy Obama that exists in his head, the straw man Obama. Put Romney, Ryan, and Rubio's speeches side by side and you get the same old tired talking points. Are you really that shallow to think that a losing ideology in 2012 would somehow be a winning strategy today simply because it was delivered by a guy with a brown face? You may be fooled that easily, but most Americans are not.
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago