Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
TXTRUTH tell us exactly how you can counter the points in a speech that you have not read? The President did not provide advance copies of the SOTU. Rubio countered the fantasy Obama that exists in his head, the straw man Obama. Put Romney, Ryan, and Rubio's speeches side by side and you get the same old tired talking points. Are you really that shallow to think that a losing ideology in 2012 would somehow be a winning strategy today simply because it was delivered by a guy with a brown face? You may be fooled that easily, but most Americans are not.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 3 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago