Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
D G I suggest you leave your cocoon and come out into the real world. Can you be specific? What liberal-progressive-Democratic programs are you talking about? Don't you all ever tire of the same old worn out ineffective talking points? If your kind of nonsense didn't carry the day in 2012 why would it do any different in 2014 and 2016?
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 27 mins ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago