For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Republicans are crazy if they think people are going to join the likes of you for anything.Man they sure have their work cut out for them. For a party started by intellectual elites they now have a base that act like Kindergarteners in the school yard.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 12 hours ago