Americans didn’t buy what the Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was selling because he was the wrong messenger for a growing ethnically...
You mean the way the dollar collapsed in 2008 at the end of two terms of Bush? When people whinge about "smaller government" I hear "less corporate regulation & more personal invasion." Considering that 53% of the vote was women & the majority of them were single, the folks who are ignoring what women are saying reconsider their perspective. Reproductive health IS an economic issue to women. Having a decent job is important to women, & having a healthy safety net equally so, which is a much more complex problem than the avg Republican seems to want to consider. The largest social welfare program in this country is the mortgage interest tax deduction. Tell me, do you opt out? If not that makes YOU the biggest welfare queen.
Wednesday wasn’t “good morning” in the GOP. President Obama won a second term. Republicans deserve the shellacking we got because the party of Lincoln is running candidates in 2012 like it’s 1860. Old white men just don’t cut it anymore and are not reflective of the changing demographics of the country. America is browning up not whitening up, as evidenced by the US Census findings that minorities will make up 54% of the population by the year 2050.
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago