It gets a pass because of the deeply ingrained fear people have of questioning its authenticity. They are worried about eternal damnation in hell. The Bible would have been a much better book if they had tossed out the many objectionable parts, such as the endorsement of genocide, slavery and rape in the old testament.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment; Update: I had PTSD, says Walsh Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 4 hours ago