It gets a pass because of the deeply ingrained fear people have of questioning its authenticity. They are worried about eternal damnation in hell. The Bible would have been a much better book if they had tossed out the many objectionable parts, such as the endorsement of genocide, slavery and rape in the old testament.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 40 mins ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 4 hours ago