We're getting warmer. As Guy pointed out yesterday, General David Petraeus told the White House immediately after the 9/11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that he believed the attack was carried out by al Qaeda affiliated terrorists. In his memo about the attack, Petraeus used the words "al Qaeda" to explain the situation. When UN Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on five Sunday shows five days after the attack to blame a YouTube video, she didn't refer to terrorism or al Qaeda. After Petraeus' testimony in front of Congress last week, we learned the talking points given to Susan...
In response to:
Idiot misses the point. It has nothing to do with opinion. You do not issue classified reports until the information is corroborated by sources like the FBI and DOD. Patraeus' testimony on his opinion is not relevant.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago