In response to:
All spending is approved the house. How is it that you are so quick to blame Obama?
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 16 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 27 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago