The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
I was proud to donate a few bucks to American Crossroads. Without trying to keep up with Obama's massive spending, Republicans would have lost even worse. Keep in a mind, a few point swing would drastically have changed this election. Florida would have been won, same with Virginia and Ohio. It was much worse than expected, but this was no Obama mandate. http://freedomlinks.wordpress.com/
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 7 hours ago