I remember a time in the 1980's when I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany....Kaefertal Wald...where General Patton had his fatal accident and in Heidelberg where he died. My buddy and I took a trip to Belgium and Luxemburg and visited the American Cemetery where Patton was buried. My buddy looked all over the place for Patton's memorial tomb and asked me where could it possibly be??? I stopped and thought of my former Congressman Larry Patton McDonald because he was killed a little earlier that year when the Communist shot down his plane....anyhow, my mind wondered back to the question of where could General Patton possibly be buried...and then I pondered and said: From what I know about Patton he would have wanted to be buried with his men. He is probably at the very front of all those crosses and six stars of David..like he would be in real life....leading his men into battle...and sure enough...there was his Cross Marker at the very forefront...nothing elaborate just short and simple like all the others...although to me...it did seem to be just a little tiny bit bigger...at least in my mind it was !!
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago