I remember a time in the 1980's when I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany....Kaefertal Wald...where General Patton had his fatal accident and in Heidelberg where he died. My buddy and I took a trip to Belgium and Luxemburg and visited the American Cemetery where Patton was buried. My buddy looked all over the place for Patton's memorial tomb and asked me where could it possibly be??? I stopped and thought of my former Congressman Larry Patton McDonald because he was killed a little earlier that year when the Communist shot down his plane....anyhow, my mind wondered back to the question of where could General Patton possibly be buried...and then I pondered and said: From what I know about Patton he would have wanted to be buried with his men. He is probably at the very front of all those crosses and six stars of David..like he would be in real life....leading his men into battle...and sure enough...there was his Cross Marker at the very forefront...nothing elaborate just short and simple like all the others...although to me...it did seem to be just a little tiny bit bigger...at least in my mind it was !!
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 34 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago