I remember a time in the 1980's when I was stationed in Mannheim, Germany....Kaefertal Wald...where General Patton had his fatal accident and in Heidelberg where he died. My buddy and I took a trip to Belgium and Luxemburg and visited the American Cemetery where Patton was buried. My buddy looked all over the place for Patton's memorial tomb and asked me where could it possibly be??? I stopped and thought of my former Congressman Larry Patton McDonald because he was killed a little earlier that year when the Communist shot down his plane....anyhow, my mind wondered back to the question of where could General Patton possibly be buried...and then I pondered and said: From what I know about Patton he would have wanted to be buried with his men. He is probably at the very front of all those crosses and six stars of David..like he would be in real life....leading his men into battle...and sure enough...there was his Cross Marker at the very forefront...nothing elaborate just short and simple like all the others...although to me...it did seem to be just a little tiny bit bigger...at least in my mind it was !!
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 59 mins ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 4 hours ago