The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Today is the Anniversary date that the Soviet Union shot down flight KAL 007 and presumably killed Congressman Larry McDonald from Georgias 7th congressional district. Dr McDonald worked tirelessly to expose the NEW WORLD ORDER and the influence of the CFR and Globalists...he was indeed the father of todays TEA PARTY MOVEMENT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BPhYEFGaGM REST IN PEACE : CONGRESSMAN LARRY MCDONALD
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago