What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
And for growing corn for ethanol, a totally useless additive to gasoline, and keep those food prices sky high.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago