The first round of UN Arms Trade Treaty talks may have fallen apart at the month-long conference held in NYC this past July, but as Ted Bromund over at Heritage noted at the time, “Now that the concept of the ATT has been invented, it cannot be uninvented. There are too many countries and too many left-wing nongovernmental organizations that want a treaty.” He was right and as Katie reported last week, it didn’t take very long to initiate another attempt. One question she raised in her post deserves more attention: “Is the argument from the U.N. that...
In response to:
The dude is almost assuredly going to sign the UN treaty, then hold itself against defeat this "Object and purpose." That is pretty close to a law in my book. He also told Brady that he is working behind the scenes to restrict guns. I think there is enough reason to think he will enact some type of gun control.
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago