During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Then have Obama go after the criminals, not law abiding citizens. But see, he doesn't want to. It's easier just to continue to oppress law-abiding citizens then to go after the murderers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 12 hours ago