During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Then have Obama go after the criminals, not law abiding citizens. But see, he doesn't want to. It's easier just to continue to oppress law-abiding citizens then to go after the murderers.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago