It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
So why doesn't Barry take a pay cut? Why doesn't he stimulate the economy so that the poor can get back to work? He believes in making everybody equally miserable.
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 3 hours ago