Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Don't you realize tuttle, that liberals/socialist believe you can spend and tax your way to prosperity?
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago