No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Here is what will happen; There will be some kind of deal and the Republicans will make all, or mostly all, of the concessions that the liberals are demanding. When it comes time for the liberals to make their concessions, nothing will come of it. They'll just sit there and whip Republicans the middle finger and say "We're not going to do anything. What are you going to do about it?" The Obama-loving media will make up some lie about this is what was agreed upon, and that Republicans are lying, and Republicans, like the jellyfish they are, will go back into their hole and say "No fair, no fair," and do absolutely nothing else.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago