No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Here is what will happen; There will be some kind of deal and the Republicans will make all, or mostly all, of the concessions that the liberals are demanding. When it comes time for the liberals to make their concessions, nothing will come of it. They'll just sit there and whip Republicans the middle finger and say "We're not going to do anything. What are you going to do about it?" The Obama-loving media will make up some lie about this is what was agreed upon, and that Republicans are lying, and Republicans, like the jellyfish they are, will go back into their hole and say "No fair, no fair," and do absolutely nothing else.
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago