Apparently, carrying a baby for nine months just isn't hard enough. Don't you think new mothers deserve a lecture about how to feed their baby.....just hours after they endure hard labor and are still in the hospital? New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has moved from his sugary drink ban onto the breasts of new mothers. That's right, Michael Nanny Bloomberg is now asking hospitals to lock up and strictly regulate baby formula. He wants nurses and doctors to give mothers who ask for formula as an alternative to breastfeeding a "talking to" about how breastfeeding is better for...
I have a strong aversion to breastfeeding because I can't psychologically separate breasts from the 'sexual'. It also seems like it would be very painful, since I have trouble even facing the shower sometimes. I lhappen to love to hate breastfeeding, and I don't want anyone trying to counsel me otherwise. It should not be dictated to me that I absolutely must embrace this act, and must do it against my will, when there is formula available which millions upon millions of kids have thrived on just fine. It is also not for anyone else to decide that I 'should not be a mom' if I feel this way. There are many, many, many other aspects to motherhood, and being a good parent, that have nothing to do with breasts. Breasts do not define...
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago