Brown's budget is balanced on a foundation of fictitious revenue projections. Real revenue from individual and corporate income taxes has been falling far short of projections. The result will be another huge deficit, not a surplus.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Gov. Jerry Brown gives great speeches with unusual quotes that never let the listener forget he is a former seminarian. In that spirit during his State of the State address Thursday, Brown quoted jurist Oliver Wendell Holmes, told a story from Genesis and marveled at the "mysterious cycle in human events" observed by Franklin D. Roosevelt. He moved on to Michel de Montaigne and Irish poet William Butler Yeats. But then Brown ventured into the land he rarely visits, the land of words with one syllable. He ended his address before a joint session of the California Legislature...
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 23 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago