Combined with other pro-market reforms and his stalwart willingness to rein in inflation, as well as the fact that his policies led to the collapse of the evil Soviet Empire, I don’t think it’s...
I found "The Forgotten Man" disappointing. A much better treatment of the Depression is "New Deal or Raw Deal?" by Burton Folsom. Robert Sobel's 1998 biography, "Coolidge", is excellent. I doubt Amity's new book can improve on it.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 14 hours ago