Interesting how the things old Jer has threaten to cut are education, police and fire services! Nothing was said when they discovered $54 Million in hidden funds at the state parks department after threatening to close down numerous parks. And then they want to spend $68 BILLION on high speed rail. Old Jer says that will be bonds not tax money. Who in there right mind would buy bonds from a bankrupt state? The dems are sinking this state and some of us feel like prisoners to the liberals. HELP!
When he ran for governor of California in 2010, Jerry Brown traded on cryptic pledges -- most notably, "no new taxes without voter approval" -- that, like pronouncements by the oracle at Delphi, could mean whatever listeners wanted to hear. Most insiders figured that Brown wanted to raise taxes but was too cagey to tell voters, who had rejected a tax-increasing ballot measure by a 2-1 ratio in 2009. It is because Brown was so darn clever that Californians now are stuck with a Hobson's choice -- vote for his Proposition 30 and raise taxes that could kill jobs in a...
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Gas the Jews”: Supporters of Hamas run riot in French city, smash Jewish shops Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago