There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
A small point, ignore at your peril: Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans. They served this country, often at great personal cost, both physically, mentally, or both. They then come home to a hollowed VA Healthcare system, find themselves at a disadvantage for jobs, and come to see they are mocked for being "moochers" and "welfare queens" of "the 47%" by the same party that urged them to go to war just a decade ago because it was the "patriotic thing to do." Want to lose the military vote for a generation or more? Keep saying what you're saying about our men and women in uniform.
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago