Here's my question: Why are the horrors of Nazism so well-known and widely condemned but not those of socialism and communism? What goes untaught -- and possibly is covered up -- is that socialist and communist ideas have produced the greatest evil in mankind's history. You say, "Williams, what in the world are you talking about? Socialists, communists and their fellow...
You're saying that it is the evil of mankind that corrupts the true and good, is that right? God's ideas were corrupted by evil men in the Crusades and Inquisition, and the high ideas of socialism were equally corrupted by evil men. In essence, you're saying that both God and socialism exist on a higher plane than their human implementation. God is indeed higher than man, and his plan goes on despite the meddlings of evil men, because he exists outside of man. Socialism, on the other hand, is the invention of men...some would say evil men. Regardless, it does not exist outside man, so is entirely dependent upon its implementation by men. As such, it will always be subject to the failings of the men who implement it.
In Europe, especially in Germany, hoisting a swastika-emblazoned Nazi flag is a crime. For decades after World War II, people have hunted down and sought punishment for Nazi murderers, who were responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 7 hours ago