Here's my question: Why are the horrors of Nazism so well-known and widely condemned but not those of socialism and communism? What goes untaught -- and possibly is covered up -- is that socialist and communist ideas have produced the greatest evil in mankind's history. You say, "Williams, what in the world are you talking about? Socialists, communists and their fellow...
You're saying that it is the evil of mankind that corrupts the true and good, is that right? God's ideas were corrupted by evil men in the Crusades and Inquisition, and the high ideas of socialism were equally corrupted by evil men. In essence, you're saying that both God and socialism exist on a higher plane than their human implementation. God is indeed higher than man, and his plan goes on despite the meddlings of evil men, because he exists outside of man. Socialism, on the other hand, is the invention of men...some would say evil men. Regardless, it does not exist outside man, so is entirely dependent upon its implementation by men. As such, it will always be subject to the failings of the men who implement it.
In Europe, especially in Germany, hoisting a swastika-emblazoned Nazi flag is a crime. For decades after World War II, people have hunted down and sought punishment for Nazi murderers, who were responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago