Ann is right. This is the only possible way to ensure that Obama will be required to take ownership of the economy. Let Obama own the tax hike on the top 2 percent of the job and wealth creators, and with that concession make sure that Obama owns the economy that follows. "Standing on principle" will absolutely ensure that the general public will blame Republicans for EVERYTHING. It will allow Obama to achieve his primary objective - destroying the Republican party forever and in its vacuum creating a Chicago-style one-party patronage state where the state chooses who gets to play. In that world one will have to pay indulgences to the power elite in order to play. Conservatives will no longer be relevant in such a nation.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago