For at least the past 2,000 years, marriage has been defined as the union of one man and one woman in Christian cultures. But the definition has not been universal in all cultures or at all times. Islam allows polygamy. Historically, Jewish men were allowed to have more than one wife --...
As young people get older, gay marriage is inevitable. They support it in droves. And the idea that they will grow more conservative as they age is stupid. By that time, they will have had a lifetime of gay friends. Gay marriage is inevitable. It's just old bigots that can't handle it now, and they are dying off. Even George Will admitted it.
The arguments on gay marriage before the Supreme Court this week pose the most momentous questions the court has faced in the past 50 years -- and perhaps in its history. At stake is the definition of an institution that has been the bedrock of civilization from time immemorial.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 7 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago