For at least the past 2,000 years, marriage has been defined as the union of one man and one woman in Christian cultures. But the definition has not been universal in all cultures or at all times. Islam allows polygamy. Historically, Jewish men were allowed to have more than one wife --...
As young people get older, gay marriage is inevitable. They support it in droves. And the idea that they will grow more conservative as they age is stupid. By that time, they will have had a lifetime of gay friends. Gay marriage is inevitable. It's just old bigots that can't handle it now, and they are dying off. Even George Will admitted it.
The arguments on gay marriage before the Supreme Court this week pose the most momentous questions the court has faced in the past 50 years -- and perhaps in its history. At stake is the definition of an institution that has been the bedrock of civilization from time immemorial.
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 12 hours ago