I would suggest that a good part of young Chris' plight is the fact that his church never taught him that, in Christianity, there are two sides of the spiritual equation. First, one must be saved (for details, see Romans 10:9). Then, one must come unto a knowledge of the truth. (see I Timothy 2:4) The latter has a few scriptural parallels, two of which are the getting of wisdom, as espoused in Proverbs 4:5, and the renewed mind, as espoused in Romans 12:2. Basically, these are all about learning what the Bible and biblical history actually says about matters and why it says these things. It is the fleshing out of the story, the details, if you will. As to why his church failed to teach him this? Well, it's probably because they never.....
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014