Despite the small country of Cyprus receiving a bailout from Russia to prevent an economic collapse and bankruptcy, many with deposits in the banking system will see as much as 40 percent in losses. Before the bailout, the Cyprus government suggested confiscating private bank savings to solve the short term problem. Some have argued the confiscation of personal funds can only happen in tiny countries like Cyprus and of course couldn't happen anywhere else however, it looks like Italy and Spain are getting ready to raid private bank accounts in an attempt to offset decades of poor economic decisions....
It's going to take me another 3 years before I get that much in the bank, but if Democrats start getting any more ideas like this from Europe... all that money is coming out of the bank.
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago