Despite the small country of Cyprus receiving a bailout from Russia to prevent an economic collapse and bankruptcy, many with deposits in the banking system will see as much as 40 percent in losses. Before the bailout, the Cyprus government suggested confiscating private bank savings to solve the short term problem. Some have argued the confiscation of personal funds can only happen in tiny countries like Cyprus and of course couldn't happen anywhere else however, it looks like Italy and Spain are getting ready to raid private bank accounts in an attempt to offset decades of poor economic decisions....
It's going to take me another 3 years before I get that much in the bank, but if Democrats start getting any more ideas like this from Europe... all that money is coming out of the bank.
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago