You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Covered California handed over contact information of those who did not ask to be contacted to insurance agents Steve Eggleston 54 minutes ago
- On second thought, maybe Fast & Furious isn’t the most egregious ATF operation of the last 10 years Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Iran already courting major European oil companies for increased investment, production in 2014 Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Obama’s foreign policy is alienating the “moderate” Arab world jeffdunetz 3 hours ago
- MSNBC: Let’s face it, “ObamaCare” was a word coined by wealthy white men to diminish Obama’s accomplishments Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Maduro’s party wins Venezuelan elections, immediately announces plans to bring the pain to the business sector Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago