It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Your repbulican associate lied to you--they are a liberal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 10 hours ago