It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Your repbulican associate lied to you--they are a liberal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 4 hours ago