It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Caveat: If everyone gets more $$ then the price of goods go up because people have more money to spend. You end up at the exact same place you started but now, things are all more expensive. At Berkeley Al Gore promised all of us $4000 each year for tution--think about that. 30,000 kids all getting $4000 each. Blonde's pizza, books, tuition etc.. all go up... that $4000 disappears in cost increases. But you knew that.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago