It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Caveat: If everyone gets more $$ then the price of goods go up because people have more money to spend. You end up at the exact same place you started but now, things are all more expensive. At Berkeley Al Gore promised all of us $4000 each year for tution--think about that. 30,000 kids all getting $4000 each. Blonde's pizza, books, tuition etc.. all go up... that $4000 disappears in cost increases. But you knew that.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago