It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago