It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 8 hours ago