It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
You do know the President's administration breaks down crime and drug use and disease and welfare recipients by race right? So who's the racist there?
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago